Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Everything I Learned About Life, I Learned At GDHS

Last graduating class of GDHS

GDHS Class of '92


Sometimes I regret dishing out the thousands of dollars and the seven years spent going to college...because in retrospect, everything I learned about life I learned in high school:

Teamwork - playing on the volleyball and basketball team was a GDHS Volleyball Teamthrilling adventure for me. I learned that teamwork is what wins games...Teamwork is the catalyst for success....

Focus - even before I started high school, I made a goal of becoming senior class valedictorian. I reminded myself of that goal every time report cards came out and every time I took a test. I was determined and I was focused.

Global Awareness - attending a DODDS school offered me the
opportunity to travel to other foreign countries and learn more about other cultures. In my three years in the Philippines I traveled to Japan, Korea, and Guam.

Friendship - oh, the good times - the laughter, the tears, the closeness....

Saving Money - there was no pressure from peers to buy the latest fads or carry a designer purse. People loved you for who you were, not what you were wearing.

And these are the things I learned at GDHS...

What did you learn?

~Maria Palma

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Maria,

I love that picture of the volleyball team in Japan! do you have anymore of both volleyball and basketball that you can scan and post? Sigh. Nostalgia. I always think of my father when I think about being in the school gym or on the fields. Thank you for this trip down memory lane.

Smooches & hugs,
Lyzz

7/26/2006 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home